Monday 7 February 2011

Tangled Review

Hey guys!

Last night I went to watch Tangled in 3D with Shin, my sis and Shin's bro. I know it's already been shown to extinction in Brunei but in other places (i.e. UK) it just came out not long ago. I'ma gonna do a quick review on this if you haven't seen it before or as an (hopefully) interesting read for a few minutes.

First and foremost I just want to say, Tangled is a brilliant movie! It is a Disney retelling of the age old story of Rapunzel. I don't really remember the original story but I believe Disney did a good job to redo it in 3D animation rather than 2D.

Rapunzel is voiced by Mandy Moore, Flynn Ryder by Zachary Levi and Mother Gothel by Donna Murphy. The voice acting is seriously believable and invokes emotions they are trying to. Mandy Moore did a good job of making an 18-year old teenager sound as that and Flynn is made to sound like a suave character.

Storytelling is well... Disney magic at it's finest. Happy, sad, angry, funny moments come and go at a very good pace. And since it IS Disney, be prepared to see people break into song at the most unexpected moments lol. I have to mention I also like the scene of conflicting moral dilemma for Rapunzel :P No spoilers there.

This movie has many lovely characters especially the animal ones Pascal (the chameleon) and Maximus (the horse). I simply love Maximus. He's unbelievably funny and strong core character. Rapunzel and Flynn are a pretty good pair out from the classic prince and princess. Every character has a major role in one way or another. I'll just leave it to you to see what I mean haha. Oh and the villain makes my blood boil >:(

Music-wise, songs sang are mostly pretty pleasing to the ear or even mystifying. Music to me is important element for setting the mood to a scene and great scenes should be accompanied by appropriate music. Needless to say, this is delivered and I am pleased.

Animation. 3 words, Made of WIN! Tangled is Walt Disney Pictures' 50th full-length animated feature. Disney and Dreamwork's collaborative animations are just getting better and better in my opinion. The smooth animation and realistic flow of Rapunzel's hair is a sight to behold. The environment is very immersive. This is the reason to watch the movie in 3D. You feel that you're there in their world as an invisible entity. And that is a great feeling. Oh and one scene that is a-ma-zing. Key word: Lanterns.

There you go! I give Tangled a 5 out of 5! I simply love it! It deserves to be up there with the Disney classics like Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, etc. I highly recommend you to watch Tangled in 3D if possible. It shows that a Disney's classic can be born even now in the 21st century. I do want to watch it once more. I haven't felt like this about a movie ever since How To Train Your Dragon! Grab your kids, wife,  friends, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc and go catch it! If you loved Disney before, you'd definitely love it now~


~Fox

6 comments:

  1. i heard from a friend who'd seen it and said it was good too. btw, if you're gonna watch The Green Hornet, tell me if it's better than the Green Lantern xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Green Lantern wor. It is not out yet right? xD

    Green Hornet I've heard semi-unfavourable reviews from friends aha Don't know if I'll actually see it in the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hrmm...i thought so, i bet Green Lantern would be semi-favourable as well...
    it's not out yet, it'll be out in June xD
    might as well wait for the DVDrip LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green Lantern's trailer wow'd me though xD Definitely more impressed than of Jay Chou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dunno... the trailer had a very typical super hero movie storyline; normal dude suddenly gets super powers, becomes superhero, villain appears, hero beats villain, hero wins, the end. Oh and add teasers for sequel after credit roll xD of course, i could be wrong...i guess we'll see..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, yeah it does give off that aura. But then almost all superhero movies are like that ah. The interesting about GL is the backstory about the group XD

    ReplyDelete