Tuesday 22 March 2011

L'OREAL Indestructible Sculpting Wax Review

 Hey guys,

I got a haircut recently and the stylist taught me how to style my hair with a bit of wax. So I went out and bought myself a hair wax and just wanna let you know how it is. First of all, it looks like this:
At first glance, it's nothing special and this is one of those times which you should trust your first glance.

As usual when you see it, you'll open it and what you see is.... similar to a candle-wax. Seriously, it is the hardest wax I have ever encountered. Other than that, usability is normal I guess? Just rub it in your hands and then apply.

Now the worst part! See the name? See how it says "Indestructible" ? Believe it! The damn wax stuck onto my hair for 3 days straight including day of application. Each day I tried to shampoo twice and first day it felt as if there had been no effect. Second day it felt as if 25-50% of it is gone and finally I've rid myself of this wax.

I've also gotten a refund off it, which I am happy about.
All in all, I want to say that this sculpting wax is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!

On a side note, I've bought a new product which is significantly better which I will be reviewing after a few more uses lol.


~Fox

9 comments:

  1. do u noe johny bravo use this hair wax? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @.@ din check ur shout hahaha rupanya someone mention liao paiseh paiseh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks for commenting anyways ta :P

    Yeah lo, but then his hair is bouncy one ahh this one turns your hair into a solid clump LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should take a picture of your hair with the wax! even better, do it upside down or with a fan blowing your hair LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao! My hair is tough enough without wax, I need wax to style it a bit xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha bro i just bought this crap too cos the supermarket i went to didnt have a huge selection. when i got home the first thing I did was to look it up the internet. i saw all the crappy reviews but decided to try it anyway. sure enough it was really hard with 'elastic resistance' just like it said on the label. it made my hair spiky and tough even though it's wavy. luckily for me i jumped in the shower straight away and washed it off immediately. you should change your shampoo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I, too, have some adventurous urges sometimes although seeing bad reviews thinking "Maybe I'd like it?" Lucky you could get it out immediately though!

      I got another product called "Garnier Fructis Style" and it's very good in my opinion. The cream itself is nice and soft-smooth easy to apply, easy to rinse off :D

      Delete
  7. I swear by this stuff. It's quite similar to Sebastian Twisted Taffy (which is now discontinued, and has a kind of cult following). Everyone's hair is different, so what works for me might not work for you. I love it!

    (short, wavy men's hair; textured messy look)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete