Tuesday 23 November 2010

Digimon Xros Wars!

Hey guys!

Recently, and by recently I mean "yesterday" I watched the new Digimon Series called "Xros Wars" (read as "Cross Wars") and all I can say is... WOW! I didn't really fancy the previous Savers series for some reason but this series, I seriously recommend!

Long story short, Kudou Taiki is a kid who cannot say no to helping people who are in need even if it means sacrificing some of his health and well-being; i.e. the ultimate samaritan.  He hears a voice saying it's going to die. It turns out this was the voice of Shoutmon and from saving him and taking the X Loader (Cross Loader; basically the series equivalent of the traditional Digivice), Taiki and his 2 friends get sucked into the Digital world and go on a quest to save the place!

First thing's first, Taiki rings the bell of... You got it! (or not)
Taichi from the first series! Lol.

DIGIXROS!
There's no traditional digivolution in this series, but instead the Digimon accompanying Taiki can merge into stronger Digimons via DigiXros (Digicross; Yeah I don't know why X is cross and they have to emphasise it with the 'ros'. I guess it's the case like "PIN number". Also before I started watching I read it as "Zros" ). The DigiXros scenes are quite epic, gives me goosebumps like the first time I saw Digimon Adventures when they digivolve into stronger beings for the first time!

Without telling you spoilers, I can just tell you when I saw the DigiXros for the first time, the Digimon that came out reminded me of...
OMNIMON!!

I think that's where the series really sucked me in.. What I love about it is it cuts to the chase, no lengthy episodes to prolong fights to milk it; they progress story and character development as much as possible. Every character has a role to play in the group although some more than others, which is a good balance in the storytelling. And there are a lot of hilarious moments as well~ Even when you don't expect it.

Final words
All I want to say is, if you were a fan of the first 3 seasons of Digimon, this is a series you will enjoy! It is action packed, characters are fun to watch and the OP song kicks ass! As of now, only 16 episodes have been aired and it's still ongoing!

Follow Taiki as he collects them all! (You'll see what I mean)


~Fox

0 comments:

Post a Comment