Friday 18 February 2011

Recent stuff from Nottingham

Hey guys,

Just a random update from when I was in Nottingham last week. Yesterday I had a bad case of nausea ending with a massive vomit in the evening. No I'm not pregnant, for god's sake.

Anyways nothing much of interest to you guys happened in Notts other than some foodstuff haha.
 We went to this coffee shop in Beeston where they did student discounts and also Shin's hall advertises it I think.
 Their caramel latte is pretty good! Personally I think it's on par with Starbuck's caramel macchiato.
 Their carrot cake thingie (forgot what's it called passion cake? or something) was not bad too. Icing made it very sweet though.
Shin and I made the Singaporean style prawn noodles. Just got egg noodles, kang kong, king prawns and shredded boiled chicken breast. 
Added soup and shallots at the end. The soup is simple, we used the pre-made paste-stuff LOL. Just add it to water and bring to boil.

The noodles were pretty good. The soup tastes like the stuff you get at shops if not better. Worth a try if you want something fast and simple. The chicken is not a must but I find it tastes great with it haha.

There you go, something short of an update. Will post more soon!

~Fox

2 comments:

  1. LOL reading the wrong post at the wrong time! I'm currently very hungry D: correction, I'm starving!

    Anyways, the name of the shop had the word 'butcher' in the first pic, so i thought you're gonna talk about your trip to the abattoir hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Well one of the traps set on site I guess huh? :P It's a sign for you to get some grub.

    I took that pic cos it said "family butcher" which I lol'd.

    ReplyDelete