Saturday 19 February 2011

New Toy - Transformers Barricade (2007)

Hey guys,

I recently fell into a temporary state of childhood trance and in that effect, bought myself some toys =S One of which is this little action figure. I always wanted a Barricade figure but they all have fugly faces on the boxart on the back of the packaging and by the time I've come around to want one badly enough, 4 years had passed. lol.

This is the Premium Deluxe Barricade from back in 2007. I can say it's a pretty nice toy XD the details are pretty good too!
The little details are what make it look nice like the emergency number and the slogan. 
As a car I think it is pretty sweeeeeet haha. 
The car's a 2005 Saleen Mustang if you're interested lol.
What's a Transformer that can't transform right? He looks pretty bad in robot form. Good-bad.
Buuuuuuut he has a little hand problem. Or lack-there-of, which is the bad thing :S
His arm is the whole side of the car.
His extendo arm gimmick... UGH. When I saw it in picture and video reviews, I thought "Why they hating this? It looks pretty good" until I experienced it first hand. Moving the hand up and down can even trigger it to pop out. annoying indeed. But I still think it's an OK gimmick considering the arms have not much movement and posability.
As for posability, my Bumblebee can do great poses and now he has a new playmate haha.
Oh and from his chest pops out a not-to-scale Frenzy. He says hi.
I won this figure on eBay for quite cheap considering the price it's going for here (because it's not produced anymore and they wanna squeeze all the money out of people). 
And literally seconds before the end of the auction someone tried to bid snipe me! 
To my satisfaction, I called the top bid first and gave him/her a big middle finger.

Overall, I'm pleased with it and finally have a companion for Bumblebee. Haa but I am considering getting the new Barricade from the Dark of the Moon movie line coming out soon.

Thanks for reading guys!


~Fox

2 comments:

  1. Though I still do collect figures, I've left the poseble ones for quite a while already...

    It looks good...as a car xD

    and oh my, 37 stars?
    you shop on ebay a lot eh
    and i freaking hate bid snipers
    but it seems im the ones who's always getting the finger D:
    with the crappy ass internet here, one can hardly beat anyone to a last minute bidding D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha 39 now I think. Well I've been on eBay since my first year in 2007 haha. Considering that, I'm not an eBayaholic.

    Yeah! Damn bid snipers. But then eBay allows you to put in the max value you'd be willing to pay so if they snipe you beyond that you'd lose in actuality anyways haha.

    ReplyDelete