Monday 21 February 2011

New Toy - Star Wars the Clone Wars - Captain Rex and Destroyer Droid

Hey ya guys!

I was feeling not so hot yesterday so couldn't think of anything to post about. And today, another toy came in the mail! It's the Captain Rex figure from the Clone Wars animated series and personally, the show's pretty good!
 I got this Destroyer droid a while ago. It's ok, nothing special, I got caught by the fact that you can fold it into it's mobile form which is practically a ball.
 But sadly this is hardly a ball, if the legs were able to turn upside down it would be a ball and more satisfying but alas, it's not... It springs into action at a touch of a button though haha.
It comes with 2 projectiles which it can fire but frankly, without a force field piece or ability to turn into a ball makes me sadface but it's not bad, I do like his shiny brown outsides :D
 This is the fella that came in the mail! Captain Rex! My fav character in the series. Why? Because he's painted blue! Well ok that's not the main reason but one of it. He's a pretty bad-ass character and I love his armor design. 
He comes with 2 hand blasters which you can put in his holster, one rifle, one rocket attachment with 2 kinds of projectile. Oh and a removable helmet!
He's the 2008 make, and luckily I could get him off eBay cheap! (I did have to ask on a certain BBS which Rex was the best)
 He's the "dirty" version with carbon markings all over his armor. :D Oh and his unimpressed face lol.
 YEAH! Bad-ass dual wield! This is one other reason I like this character haha.
 The rifle's pretty cool too. All the guns can fit nicely into his right trigger hand, but dual wielding is awkward because of his left but is not that noticeable.
 Rocket launcher attachment! 
 You can attach the spear projectile onto the rocket launcher and do a grappling hook launcher :D which allows fooooooooor...
This. lols. I guess you can tell I'm having fun with the Rex figure, it's definitely worth my money!

Rex's articulation is awesome too! The only complaint I have is his hips are swivel instead of ball jointed. The rest of him is ball jointed so why not the hips!? It makes it awkward if not impossible to pose him on one knee in an action pose. But overall he's great ha! Not much problem with posing him standing too, he's surprisingly stable.

Sad thing is, now I am trying to keep myself from buying more toys as I already got quite a few in my small room now which includes Revoltech WoodyTransformers and Lego lol. Oh and also cause I'm running low on moneys and I promised Shin =X. We'll see what happens in the future haha.

Speaking of Star Wars though.... I want to play the new MMORPG when it comes out!

As always thanks for reading!
Play hard readers!

~Fox

2 comments:

  1. No Star Wars collection is complete without the Daddy Vader! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the old school Vader back home :D But the newer ones have increased posability rather than the arms just going up and down. xD

    ReplyDelete