Tuesday 23 November 2010

Revoltech Woody Review

Hey all!

I received a package from FedEx yesterday containing my order from Hobby Link Japan! Yes yes, I know this review is too long too late, but who cares? There are people like me who only get or have the chance to get at a later time.

The main word for Woody is: Articulation! Woody can be made into a lot of poses (some may be NSFW) and this accompanied by the many kinds of hands that comes with this is awesome! The number of exploitable photos are limitless, search online for more lol-able pictures.
This is what you get in the box.
The little "toy box" that comes with it to store the hands and other parts is... uhh.. handy.

Needless to say, the first few faces I played with was....
Woody wants to share something with you~
Checking something (or someone) out
Normal faced Woody says "Howdy"

Review
Anyway, on to the review! As I said, the articulation is godly, the Revoltech joints work pretty well. The only problem I found was I initially couldn't bend the limbs much so you have to be a bit brave and careful when stretching the figure to its new surroundings. 

The joints are made of uhh... Kinda like two half-balls with a stick? They make a ball and thus have 2 connectors. This gives the figure an almost 360 degrees turning for the most parts. The elbow, leg and ankle joints lock into position so you don't have to worry about "rag doll" physics though technically Woody's supposed to be like that.
Don't know if you can see from my sub par camera skills but the actual painting of the figure is pretty good! Down to every detail including Woody's "blush" and the "Andy" written on his foot.
Graah! The only massive problem with this one is that stain on the back! I think it's spilt glue and really made my mood turn sour >:(

Other than that, the figure's pretty solid, so to speak. One other problem I faced was facing was making him stand by himself, you do need a bit of patience and getting used to his features and little shifts in weight to get it right.

Finally, don't expect to have a big figure! I was quite surprised the figure was really quite small. He's about the size of a PSP. But the small size and proportion is rather appealing... Probably just me as I fancy miniature things~

Oh, how did I know he's about the size of a PSP?

Here you go!

All in all I think this was money well spent, I shall be having fun with this amusing face for a while I can see hoho.


~Fox

2 comments:

  1. i never did understand why they made the cheeky face >___> it creeps me out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the face amuses me though. It's apparently from a scene in Toy Story 1 XD

    ReplyDelete