Friday 19 November 2010

Nottingham Update 1 of 2 - Food galore!


Hey all,

Just a quick update with pics on my trip to Notts. It was awesome spending time with Shin as well as cooking some fabulous stuff together :P Oh the pic above? I found it amusing to see a pink pair of testicles with wings so thought I shared it with ya. lol

On one of the nights we made Wonton soup, mapo tofu and kimchi stew!
Wonton making in progress!
Ready to cook!
Just boil them!
Add some chicken soup and voila! Added some fried anchovies to the soup made it taste awesome~
Finished cooking the mapo tofu~ Basically used a mapo tofu seasoning powder, add water and cook as instructed.
Kimchi stew finally done~ Shin used pork, prawn, kimchi, enoki mushrooms and a bit of egg tofu!
The taste of that dinner was one I will not soon forget~

On another night we went to Nandos for some spicy Peri-peri grilled chicken~ But they boiled it first which made me sadface. Note 100% students.
At least the chicken was not cancer flavour (burnt epicly)
Chicken liver~! One of Shin's favs which I introduced hoho. It tastes great! Especially with the spicy-salty sauce; a must try!

There cannot be only good things... That's why somehow one of the days we went to New Ocean City for some dimsum... And it was CRAP! It was bland, tasteless, slow but the service was friendly I guess...
I still felt hungry after the dimsum so I ordered a paikut fan (steamed pork with rice)
Presentation I give a 5! But the taste is just a 2... the worst part is....
One of the pork was still fucking raw! WTF!

Bottom line is! New Ocean City is crap now, not worth the money and students only get 10% off now. Sadface, need to find another good dimsum place in Notts!

Last but not least~ I had the best watermelon in like... AGES, which includes even when I went back home during the summer. Can't remember when I had watermelons this good.
The deep deep red is not just for show! It was extremely juicy and sweet! So awesome! Hope we can find more next time. This was bought from Tesco, Sainsbury's ones can't compare :P

My next post will be about making a certain breakfast food for Shin, look forward to it~


~Fox

0 comments:

Post a Comment