Sunday 28 November 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

Hey all,

Just got back from watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and thought I might share some thoughts about it with you guys.

Now I for one haven't been following Harry on his escapades after the fourth book because I felt he started to become an emo kid plagued by bad storytelling. Yet he's still raking in loads of money for Rowling. Also I haven't followed his movies ever since the second one.

Anyways, Deathly Hallows (DH from now on) follows up (I hope) on the previous movie and starts off with a speech from the Minister of Magic, followed by a scene with the bad guys and back to Harry and it continues on and on. The movie is 2hours and 55minutes from what I saw on the movie info screen.

The acting in DH is pretty good I guess. Especially that woman, Bellatrix or whatever her name is. She is psychotic, which is all I remember of her from the book. Other actors make it very believable as well. There are a few scenes which try to be humourous and at most times it works.

I can't say this movie is "action-packed" nor very engaging in my opinion. I think that the latter's just because I know nothing that happened between the 4th book til now. Sure, there are scenes especially in the beginning that make it exciting, but it doesn't whet my taste to think "wow".

Graphics wise it looks pretty good, from spells flying to little knick-knacks though I can't say most of the explosive effects looked that hot. They look more like those sparklers that come off the Power Rangers after they were hit with a significant attack. The surroundings feel less magical than I thought it should be as it seems to appear in the real world or something. Interestingly, I went to Shaftesbury Avenue during the afternoon before watching it.

The movie ends with lowering tension but shows a cliffhanger-ish development.

Overall I think if you're a Potter fan, DH will more or less deliver what you would expect probably.
Though if you're like me and are not really interested in it, the story might just breeze over your head. But it's still worth a watch with your friends. If you do want to watch it though, I recommend not drinking too much before and go to the toilet before watching.

I personally will give the movie a 2.5/5. My sis thought this was a pretty good movie though. She said it was better than the previous instalment which was crap. But I think if you compare something crap with something a bit better, the latter would seem better than it would, right?

On a side note, the nude Harry-Hermione scene was pretty good, lol.


~Fox

0 comments:

Post a Comment