Tuesday 11 January 2011

How to troubleshoot Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP CFW (80020148)

So you've downloaded a copy of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and you've patched it with an English patch. You jammed it into your memory stick and run it and to your horror, the game cannot run and gives you a 80020148 message! But you know you have one of the latest CFWs. How do you solve it?

Well you just simply have to download a patch called Prometheus-4. Links here:
Prometheus-4 for CFW 5.50 GEN
Prometheus-4 for CFW 5.03 GEN
Prometheus-4 for CFW 5.00 M33
  • To install, simply put the unzipped folder in your memory stick in PSP > GAME
  • Turn on the PSP and run it and follow the on-screen instruction
Your PSP should be patched and ready to satisfy your monster hunting needs!

That should be it!

If there are any questions, please do comment and I'll try my best to answer.

As always thanks for reading and please subscribe ;D

P.S. You can get the English patch for the (JPN) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - HERE Do note the translations are still under way but you can pretty much play the game.

Download source: PSP-Hacks.com


~Fox

8 comments:

  1. ...i-if i change my firmware then my current save files all will be gone rite ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you upgrade, then yes, like when I up from 3.7 to 5.50 everything gone lol. My imba Patapon and Dissidia Cloud :(((

    But if you are just upping for example 5.50 to 5.50 Prometheus-4 it's fine :DDD I think LOL. Cos my saves were still working

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....:((((
    guess i wont update so...soon T__T at least until i finish my current games

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a 5.50 gen D2 cfw... do i need to install gen d3 first before upgrading to prometheus 4 patch or can i just go directly to prom 4?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should work if you go straight to prometheus 4. However to be on the safe side, I'd recommend looking around the internet for more info.

    I'm just saying if it were up to me, I'd find it alright since you have 5.50 Gen anyway.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh all this cfw updates is driving me crazy... i dont want to risk going directly to prom 4 from gen d2 just to play monster hunter portable 3rd english patched game... i guess i just have to look or wait for an iso that would work with gen d2... unfortunately, all the games i have found require prom 4 to play the game or else problem 80020148 will occur... damn... anyway thanks for the help Fox...

    btw... your psp would go brick would mean getting it destroyed or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A bricked PSP is one in which the firmware has been corrupted so that the PSP will no longer start up. It has, essentially, become a very nice-looking brick, suitable only for use as a paperweight."

    There are solutions to unbrick it though but they are troublesome.

    Unfortunately I don't remember which version of 5.50 Gen I upgraded from :< Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.. I'd still say any 5.50 gen can be upgraded to prom-4 haha. You can also check youtube, that's a good place for tutorials too :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much worked wonders :) The links don't work anymore though so had to get the files from anther place.

    ReplyDelete