Tuesday 15 March 2011

3DS Test Run First Impressions!


Hey guys!

Yesterday I went to Westfield at Shepard's Bush in London with my sis and Shin. As fate would have it I saw a closed area with 3DS written on it. On impulse I pulled my sis and Shin to the queue and once we went in, it was quite packed! at least 30 3DSes were set up for people to try them out! Sadly no photography was allowed in there so I can't show you guys how it looked.

The games I tried were:
Nintendogs + Cats - This was pretty cool! The 3D added depth to the animals, making them look more solid and adorable~ Though my sis and Shin didn't see that..
Legend of Zelda - Didn't really get to play it but the 3D element was not bad.
Steel Diver - This was a submarine commanding game. You do this by toggling forwards or backwards, up or down on a dashboard which looks pretty cool
Lego Star Wars - Also didn't get to experience this fully.
Dead or Alive - Pretty lame demo. All I did was choose a character and mashed the A button and after a few seconds I won and it was over.
Resident Evil - This was pretty sweet! I think I enjoyed this demo the most. It was basically choose a character and then score as many points as possible before the time was up.
Street Fighter 4 - First one I tried after getting in. The 3D effect added depth to the fighting but after a while my eyes felt strained lol.
Kid Icarus - Shin and I tag teamed on this, she aimed while I dodged and shot. It's a pretty good game, I'll be getting this if I got a 3DS.
It's basically the size of an NDS Lite I would say. New features include the analog stick, an extra camera in front to take 3D photographs, overhauled starting interface, a 3D slider on the top half and different location for the Start, Select and Power.

First of all I am not impressed with the position of the Power switch. Thinking it was Start, I pushed it a few times sort of screwing the console for a while lol.

Now for what this console is bringing to the table, 3D and without the glasses. The effect is more noticeable in some games than others. But all in all they add depth. But there's one thing I noticed. Shin and my sis said they got dizzy after playing once. I felt alright because I was absorbed into it. But after stopping and moving on I felt strange, a bit disorientated. So I guess the rumours about getting crosseyed from the game isn't that far off. The good thing is you can turn the 3D effects halfway or even off, giving you the traditional gaming experience without sacrificing your eyes.

Here's a part of the brochure they gave. It opens up to be a 3DS I found that quite cool ahaha.


~Fox

5 comments:

  1. Ya think the 3DS sales would help with Japan's aftermath?

    After all, it prints money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm unless Nintendo uses a portion of its profits on relief donations, I don't really see that :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm yea, after all one Japan's richest man used to work with Nintendo xD

    btw, thanks for recommending/suggesting a song! much appreciated :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah really? I never knew that ahaha. What's he doing now?

    And yeah no probs :P Thought I should contribute a bit too haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. not sure what's he's doing now... :/

    i bet he's still alive though xD

    more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Yamauchi

    ReplyDelete