Monday 28 May 2012

Welcome to the real world~

Hey all!

Meh. I started writing about stuff back in the early week of May. And then nothing- I really thought there would be some more growth in Tales this month to be honest. During the past few weeks was quite busy on most days. On days which weren't busy, it felt like a waste being indoors.

Well I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? A little over a week ago, I was drafted into an insurance company. By drafted I mean I took and passed all the exams LOL so I should use the term "contracted". To be honest I was really sceptical about the industry as a career because, well, it's stereotyping right? Everyone who thinks  of an insurance agent thinks of a persistent and annoying person who keeps chasing you. I didn't want to be drafted because I for one (ironically) hate being called by strangers as I am VERY suspicious.

Well anyway, generally I've been attending classes and seminars on the how to and what do's. I've made appointments with friends and many were supportive and were OK with listening to my little presentation. Some even gave positive feedback which, to me, was priceless. Everything is fine until you reach the end of your contact lists; no one to call, no business, that's the rule of this trade. This is where it gets bumpy, who do you call? I do realise I should call my closest to share the benefits; so I'll see where that goes.

The company has been brilliant on calling people who are successful in this field to motivate and teach us. I often wonder if I can handle this in the long term. I guess I'm taking a bigger bite on the cake of life than I should at the moment. I should just nibble haha.

All in all, if you're in Brunei and would be interested in this little 20 minute presentation I have to give on Financial Health Check, do drop me a line ;)

As for the cover photo... I typed "real world" into google image search and got nothing useful. And off the top of my head I just searched the first thing that was on my mind. And strangely came to the Sword in the Stone. For those who don't know the story, it's a nice little tale about King Arthur on how he was chosen by the blade set in stone. The Sword may only be pulled out by the Chosen One which turns out to be Arthur who became the king of England.

I don't know what compelled me to do think of this photo. Might be some internal strife I'd reckon; a mental wall I have to challenge myself to scale in order to reap the rewards on the other side. I must not give up!


~Fox

2 comments:

  1. totally missed this post
    wouldn't have asked those questions if i didn't haha

    seems like your bonus/pay is commission based?
    amiright?
    well, best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is! But it's a tough crowd. Especially in Brunei aha

      Delete