Friday 31 December 2010

Tron Legacy Review

Hey guys!

Just wanna do a quick update cos I was so lazy for the past 2 weeks. Went to see Tron: Legacy today and I must say it tickled my "fancy-neonlights" bone.

This Disney movie stars Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlung and Olivia Wilde. If you're like me then you'd have no idea who they are. Their acting however is excellent, making the characters believable and that's a good thing. Apparently Bridges was in the original TRON from 1982. And since I've never seen the original TRON, this review should suffice for people like me and not the hardcore TRON fans.

Synopsis: Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) goes missing and his son Sam ( Garret Hedlung) grows up and steals an OS from ENCOM (the company which Kevin owned until his disappearance) and uploads it to the net to share. A series of events led him into The Grid where he finds his father and woman called Quorra (Olivia Wilde) and together go through the system in order to get back to the real world.

What you definitely want to watch this movie for is the graphics. The graphics were stunning from the light-cycles to the suits they wear, it was all eye-candy and the 3D made it better. Can't say there were no slow moments but even then it allowed the viewer to enjoy what the Grid had to offer.

Music was brilliant! It is by Daft Punk who I think had a cameo-ish appearance in the movie. The electronic-techno tracks fits the scenes and setting perfectly, I do want the soundtracks.

As for plot, this was kinda a downside for me. It was as flimsy as uhh... Popeye's muscles without spinach. There was really no backbone to what they characters set out to do. Sam's gung-ho, Kevin's pacifistic, Quorra's quite good looking. To be honest, I just realised I didn't notice the thin plot through gawking at the effects and whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

Overall, I give this movie a 4/5. It is definitely worth a watch even for the paper-thin plotline. Music and graphics will be what you'll get and be satisfied with. The only thing keeping it from getting a perfect score is basically story and ending. That being said, catch this is 3D for maximum enjoyment.

Check back for more updates! Thanks for reading!


~Fox

0 comments:

Post a Comment