Monday 15 August 2011

Captain America Movie Quick Review

Hey guys!

Reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallly sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy with going to Nottingham, dissertation, and lazing about playing games (though the last bit is the most done)

I actually marathoned Captain America and Harry Potter 7 Part 2 on the same day which was........ maybe more than a week ago. Probably shouldn't have been lazy with my posts haha :/

Anyways Captain America centers on... well, Captain Stars and Stripes himself! It begins with a scrawny young man with a patriotic heart as well as massive amounts of courage. He got selected by a special branch of the army aiming to create super soldiers but alas, he was the only one the US produced during World War 2. The main baddies in the movie is called Hydra, a special research branch of Hitler's which turned on the Nazis after it amassed a big enough army and supporters.

The casts were pretty good. I though Chris Evans was a pretty good fit to be Steve Rogers aka Cap. He's also the guy who stars as the Human Torch in the old Fantastic Four movies as pointed out by Shin's bro. Hayley Atwell plays Rogers' love interest, Peggy Carter. And Men In Black's Tommy Lee Jones plays Colonel Chester Philips.

In short, the movie's well worth your money if you're into the Marvel universe. The 3D effects are stunning and I was pleasantly surprised by one of the shield throw scenes which flew out of the screen lol (never expected that in these new IMAX stuff) Really loved the action scenes, it felt really fulfilling seeing them fight the baddies, more so in this particular movie I don't know why. The special effects were done well but not over done (considering it is a super hero movie) The humour from the characters are sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek; just my kind of comedy :P

All in all I give it a 4.5/5 just because I enjoy superhero movies. I do recommend it but if you're not really into superheroes, I don't know if this will change your mind :/

P.S. Oh yes, like all Marvel movies, stay til after the ending, this time it's a real treat :D


~Fox

4 comments:

  1. that's a pretty high rating, to each his own i suppose, don't get me wrong, i think it's a good movie just not that great... omgplsdonthitme Dx

    and depicted in the movie, he's like a 80-90 year old virgin lawl

    btw, how much is the 3D ticket pricing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha like I said, I like super hero movies. Guess I'm just too easily impressed and amused xD

    3D ah.... around and over 10 pounds. So 20 bucks back home LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that's double the 3D tickets sold here, but i heard IMAX quality is superb, i bet it's worth the money.. hehe

    watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes yet? it's gewd~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty good I guess? Haha it does feel you get what you paid for :P

    I heard that movie had good reviews which is brilliant but I haven't watched it :<

    ReplyDelete