Wednesday 11 May 2011

Belgium Trip 2011 - Day 3

Hey guys!

Though this is the last day we were in Belgium, it is the day I took the most photos as only me and my sis has a camera (compared to another group of friends who went on to Amsterdam; they had those good quality cameras so I left photo taking to them lol).

On Day 3, we went to the nearby town of Bruges. It is a quaint little place which reminds me heavily of the nice, laid back atmosphere of Canterbury, Kent. Compared to Day 2, the weather was absolutely brilliant, sunny and surprisingly, not that cold. Aaaaanyways, in Bruges we went on a boat tour around the place, went into one of  the "Eternal Christmas" shops and the Heilig-Bloedbasiliek or Basilica of the Holy Blood. At first I wanted to take a horse carriage tour as well but after a while we decided it wasn't worth the price :(

As I said, there are tonnes of photos so I'll split them into separate posts. In this one it's the general wandering around the place photos.

Here's a little adventure story for you guys:
At near 2pm before we could go into the Basilica of the Holy Blood, I led Shin and my sis down a small arcade/corridor place, only to be stopped by a guy wearing a musketeer costume, he pulled us into his little.....'shop' and told me and Shin to stand in front of this camera. The funky thing was he closed the freaking door behind us. So at that moment all I wanted to do was humour him and leave.

He went on with the cameraman antic, "say cheese" blah blah. He even had to whack his camera which I think was from the 1980's from the quality it showed on screen and printed out (also it reminded me of The Sims, just throwing it out there lolol). The quality was so shit and he thought it would be impressive to us if we added names to it. Since Shin gave her real name I did so too; and he printed it out on a calendar... The stuff ON the calender was pretty cool, but our picture was made of awkwardness, you can just tell; also quality was bad. Anyway, he tried to push it for 12 euros I think, but I told him it's pricey and he's like "What trade are you in?" and I'm like, "We're just students" and he's all salesman and said "Ah in that case we have special offer for students! Only 7 euros!"

I rejected again and he kept insisting as he already printed the crap out! WTF at least ask us if we want it! Anyways Shin told me in Mandarin "Just pay and go" and I was thinking "No way man!" So I rejected one final time and we made our quick escape. That's one for the diary I tell ya. I'm sorry musketeer hobo, you won't see me go "ooohhhh ching chang chong" at your ching chong shop.

/end of story(or rather end of rant)


Anyhoos here's more pictures from the trip!
 This was still in Brussels, they had abstract art everywhere near that area for some reason
 Ooooooooooh yeeeeeeaaaaaaah who doesn't love balls on sticks?
 Sis taking picture of..... something.
 Shin being sakai over flowers lol
 Paper airplane! Made... of.... metal?
Gotta love their metal Rubik's cube!
 And we arrive in Bruges~!
 After 2 days, my wallet was on the verge of caving on me so we went for something simple. 
Nothing simpler than subway LOL
 Nice view as we walked along the road leading into Bruges
 Horsey~
 Random street hmmm
 Forgot what this was lolol
 Over a bridge; the boat tours go by this canal too~
 Another horsey!
 Before I forget, there are A LOT of shops selling chocolates! It's hard to not get the dejavu feeling when almost half of the shops you passed are selling chocolates
 Random statue fella. Not really but I didn't bother to look lol
 Chocolate tits! This was kinda.... interesting to see lololol And the fact that they used milk, white and dark chocolate...
 They even have nice child-bearing hips for the fans
 This was like a square. And it was like a horse carriage station. There were painters there too haha. This pic is my sis taking pictures I think and Shin's beside her.
 This is the Markt. I don't know if it's a "market" but that's what they call it haha.
Belgian statue of liberty? Lol jk I have no idea what it is.
 Across from train station
 The train station
 There was this gelato shop just next to the station so we went to get some. Sis got pistachio, Shin got honeydew~ I was feeling under the weather but in the end temptation was too great so I got a combination of both of theirs lolol. They tasted heavenly! Especially on that hot hot afternoon.
After we crossed the 'border' at immigration, I saw this, it was pretty cool, they recycled stuff to make the British flag. Coke cans for red, paper and cloth for white and plastic bags for blue.

I'll be posting the boat ride and other stuff soon!

Thanks for reading! (b ^.')


~Fox

2 comments:

  1. so they got ppl like that too in Europe (referring to the musketeer dude), at least he wasnt wearing a Guy Fawkes mask lol

    Those chocolate looks scruptydumtylicious, not the titty ones, the ball ones xD kinda looks like breaded deep fried meat balls LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looked like the Guy Fawkes mask to be honest lolol.

    Haha yeah the balls reminded me of ferrero rocher though xD

    ReplyDelete